Life has been somewhat crazy, but so much fun. Titus Brant Jones was born Sunday, March 22, 2009 at 1:09pm. He weighed 9lbs. 2oz and was 20in long. He was by far my biggest baby but was definitely my easiest delivery.
The Saturday before his birth Chloe, Maximus & me were at my mom's house to celebrate my brother's birthday. Brant had spent the day down the hill visiting some of his old friends from high school. It was a completely normal day. Then about 7:30pm I was starting to get the kids packed up and ready to go home and I noticed I was starting to have some contractions. They were not painful contractions, just noticeable. So I decided to stay at my mom's house a little longer to make sure nothing was really going on. They became pretty regular at 7-10 minutes apart, but still not painful. My mom asked me to just stay there since Brant was still down the hill (she didn't want me to drive out to my house, about 30 minutes away.) I called Brant and told him to just come by and pick me up. He said that he wanted to just go ahead to the hospital, if not for any other reason but we could go ahead and pre-register to make it easier for when they decided to keep me.
About 12:30am Sunday morning, we finally got to the hospital. They checked me and said that I was already dilated to 4cm, but the baby was still high. The doctor wanted to admit me. Brant and I were both completely surprised. We were expecting to get sent home. My contractions were still regular but didn't hurt at all. We just sat there, talked and laughed. They got me settled into a room, we were so blessed that labor/delivery was not busy at all so they were able to get me into a nice room right away.
We slept off and on through the whole night. I didn't really progress any becacuse Titus was still too high to do anything. Finally, they put on pitocin (I had to have pitocin with both Chloe & Max because I would only go so far and then stop) so that wasn't a big deal. My contractions got closer together but still not to hard. Around 11:15am the doctor came in to break my water. After he broke my water I went immediately to 7cm. Then the contractions hit! I had to wait 30 minutes before I could get my epidural because I had to have one more bag of fluids pumped into me. That was the hardest 30 minutes of my life. My contractions became extremely intense and very frequent. The anesthesiologist was very prompt, thank the Lord! The nurse told mom, Brant & Odena that it would take about an hour before they would be done, so to come back then. They left to go get some lunch. I got my epidural and was just starting to get comfortable back in bed, when all of a sudden I just felt a ton of pressure.
I told my nurse that I was really feeling the urge to push. (The anesthesiologist was still cleaning up. That is how fast this happened.) The nurse checked me and said that I was completely dilated and effaced and ready to go. So she went to go find Brant and the moms. They were just pulling back into the parking lot and rushed in. As soon as they walked in I started pushing. I only pushed 5 times and my precious little boy was there. The umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck. But thank the Lord my doctor was quick and amazing. He got that cord off of him so fast and then the miraculous first cry flooded the room. He was born about 1 1/2 hours after they broke my water. It was the easiest delivery that I had, coming in really around 3-4 hours of total real labor.
My recovery has been extremely easy. They released me from the hospital early afternoon on Monday. And then that night I felt so good, we went to our young marrieds' group from church. Besides being a little tired I have felt wonderful.
Titus is the easiest baby. He has slept from 4-5 hours at a time a night since he has been home. He is very mild mannered and just has the sweetest countenance. So adjusting to 3 kids has been extremely easy for me. All 3 of my kids have made it easy. Chloe & Maximus always want to love on him and help me with things. It is amazing.
The Lord has been really good to us and blessed us so much with our 3rd child. I am extremely grateful for my children and love my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment