Friday, February 20, 2009

San Diego Zoo

Today we decided to take the kids to the San Diego Zoo. I know that they are a little young to remember it when they get older, but we knew that they would have so much fun today. And they sure did. It was such a wonderful day. We were able to spend the day just the 4 of us and it was perfect. Chloe was in the best mood and loved looking at the koala bears and the giraffes. She kept saying "Mommy the 'walla' bears are sleeping." She thought they were so cute. And Maximus would just stare at the animals and point while trying to tell us something that we didn't understand. He was so interested in the animals. I was really surprised at how much he enjoyed it. I was very proud of myself, I walked the entire park, which probably came to about 5 miles at 8 1/2 months pregnant. And I actually felt pretty good until about the last hour of the trip. Brant was amazing. He carried a backpack and pushed the stroller or would carry a kid pretty much all day. I know that it was probably the most wearing on him, but he was so sweet about it and never complained once. I would offer to push the stroller and he wouldn't let me. He kept telling me that I needed to just take care of me. It made my day much easier. It was a great family day. I love it when it gets to be just us and we get to give our children new experiences. There is nothing more fun than seeing the look on their faces when they see or experience something new. I love it. Chloe kept telling us "I so excited!" And that to me makes how tired I feel right now completely worth it.

No comments: