Saturday, November 15, 2008

It's a boy!!

This past Thursday I had my 20 week appointment. I am halfway there!! Yeah! They did the really detailed ultrasound and everything looks great. The baby is moving and growing fast. Fortunately he is being good to me. I feel great. This has been a smooth pregnancy so far.

We will be having a little boy around the beginning of April. But we have yet to choose a name. We had a girl name all picked out but couldn't agree on a boy name. So we had decided to wait and see what we are having before pouring over baby name books. But now the journey begins.

I do not enjoy going through those books because for some reason the authors must find it really funny to title it 35,000+ names but in all reality about 34,000 of those "names" are not really names. They are just words that they make up and then laugh because you sit there reading through each one individually. But for those of us who do not want our child to end up with a famous name like "Jessica" or "Joshua", We sit there hour after hour reading it hoping to find a real name in all the craziness. Naming your child is difficult, at least in my opinion. It is something that child has to live with for the rest of their life. It has to have an important meaning because you are constantly speaking that over your child. Yet, at the same time like I mentioned earlier you want it to stand out so that they do not share the same name with a million other people. Which then makes me understand the real reason why God made pregnancy 40 weeks long. All of that to say, the journey begins for naming our sweet little boy.

It's kind of a lot of pressure when you name your first son Maximus Ezekiel meaning "The greatest strength of God". I didn't think about that at the time. I didn't know it would make it hard to name my next son. How can I out do "the greatest strength of God"? So as you can see this is my dilemma.

So if you have any names to offer, just let us know. It could possibly save us some time. And then you can take pleasure in the fact that you helped us name our child.

No comments: