So much has happened in the last year and a half that I blogged last. We moved into a new house closer to church in August 2010.
Then 2 weeks later we were blessed with the best thing that happened in the last year and half. Justus Alexander was born on September 16, 2010. My labor with him was so easy (if I was guaranteed more like it, I would have a dozen more kids!) My labor from the first contraction to the time he entered the world was only about 5 hours. Within minutes of his birth he stopped breathing though. His body lay there in the baby bed completely limp and turning blue at a rapid rate. I was unaware of how quick he was changing until I saw my mom’s face and about that time two of our nurses dove across the room to press an emergency button for back up. My heart immediately began pounding out of my chest. Brant, my mom, Odena, and I started praying and speaking life back into my sweet little boy. And in those moments, the Lord reminded me of what his name meant. Justus Alexander means “Defender of righteousness”. The Lord spoke clearly to me and said that his life will be fought against, but his name is his calling. He is called to fight for righteousness and take a stand for justice. He may have been the smallest in the family but the Lord has placed a heavy anointing on him. (Even as I write this I am hesitant because I can feel the weight of this, and as a mom it is scary to think about what our children may have to face or fight for one day. But then I come back to my self and realize my children really aren’t mine they are the Lord’s. They are in my care for me to give them back to the sustainer of all life.) The Lord brought peace to me before fear could really settle in, once the peace came upon me in that delivery room he began to breathe. The back up staff was to late, because my King, the sustainer of life, breathed life back into my son. The cry of your newborn child is one of the sweetest sounds in the entire world. Justus weighed 7lbs 12 oz and was 20 inches long, he is known as the little guy in this family (Chloe was 8lbs, Maximus was 8lbs 3oz at 4 weeks early, and Titus was 9lbs 2oz at 3 weeks early). What a blessing he is to complete our family. Justus may be little in stature but he is mighty in every other way. He is turning into the funny little entertainer, he is always looking to wrestle around, and he has a larger than life personality. He is very determined and clear on what he wants, yet at the same time he is the most affectionate out of all my children. Justus has filled in the final piece of the puzzle to this Jones family and we are so thrilled about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment